Lemon Basil Salmon
4 (6 ounce) Salmon filets
4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon garlic
sea salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 cups spinach, raw
1 ½ tablespoons grass fed butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup chicken bone broth
2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet and set aside.
2. Season salmon with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a small bowl combine cream cheese, basil, lemon zest, and garlic. Divide mixture into four servings.
4. Spread ¼ of the cream cheese mixture between each salmon filet.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flaking (145 degrees Fahrenheit).
6. Meanwhile, in a saucepan melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add chicken bone broth, lemon juice, and arrowroot powder. Heat until sauce thickens, roughly 5 minutes.
7. In a small skillet melt remaining butter and add spinach. Sauté until just wilted and remove from heat.
8. Once salmon is done serve with vegetable of choice, top with spinach and two tablespoons of lemon butter sauce. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings, 1 breast per serving
Nutrition Information: 480 calories, 34 g. fat, 2 g. carbs, 38 g. protein